The electric smoker is a very convenient steaming machine that can be used to prepare sumptuous sauces and meals. If you are looking for delicacies to prepare with the electric smoker, we have you covered. These 3 delicious sauces can add to your list of recipes you can prepare for your family or friends during celebrations and other events. They are very easy to prepare and don’t require many ingredients.
Peri-peri chicken sauce
The first recipe on the list can be done using a Masterbuilt smoker or any other electric smoker you have. You can add some wood chips to improve the overall flavor of the sauce.
Begin by brining the chicken and getting it ready a night before you prepare the meal. It takes about 1½ hours to completely get the sauce ready to be served. Generally, this sauce is steamed with Bird’s eye pepper and requires other additional ingredients like tarragon, oregano, basil, pimiento, paprika, bay leaves, lemon juice, salt, pepper, onion, as well as citrus peel. If you can’t get all of these, just use the most important seasoning items and your meal will still be okay.
Ingredients for brine
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- A cup of kosher salt
- A gallon of water
Ingredients for the chicken
- Chopped parsley (optional ingredient)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 5 ounces of peri-peri sauce
- About 3 chicken breast (boneless)
- Use a big pot to mix all the ingredients for the brine until sugar and salt is properly dissolved
- Add chicken to mixed brine and store in your refrigerator till morning
- In the morning, take out the chicken and dry off water using a paper towel
- Use your electric smoker to heat at about 250 degrees. Then add sassafras as well as wood chips to the mixture. This is when you have to keep the chicken in the bowl of the electric smoker
- As you are smoking the chicken, add honey and a moderate quantity of peri peri sauce into a bowl and mix properly.
- When the chicken reaches about 155 degrees, sprinkle the peri-peri sauce on the chicken and allow it to steam for few minutes. Then turn the other side of the chicken and apply the same quantity of peri-peri sauce.
- After the sauce has dissolved into the chicken and the temperature of the electric smoker has reached about 156 degrees, you can now bring it out to be served.
Remember that the cook time is less important than the internal temperature, so you have to monitor that to produce the best result.
Bologna is also very easy to prepare with a small electric smoker and doesn’t require many ingredients either.
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
A small quantity of Worcestershire
Brown sugar (1/4 cup)
1 lb of bologna log
How to prepare
Cut your bologna lightly. Mix your Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard, and brown sugar in a pan. Then carefully rub the mixture on the bologna in an even manner.
Turn on your electric smoker and allow it to heat for a while before placing the bologna. Keep the electric smoker temperature to about 220 F degrees while the meat is smoking. Leave it for about 30 minutes and get it out to be served. There are different serving options you can choose from, depending on what suits you at the moment.
This is another easy sauce to prepare for a fast meal. It requires lesser ingredient than the peri-peri sauce explained above. Again, knowing the right internal temperature is far more important than keeping the cook time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ground pork (250 grams)
- Ground veal (250 grams)
- Ground beef (500 grams)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Spice mixture and mustard
Take out the right quantity of meat from the refrigerator and allow it to unfreeze for about 30 minutes. Then place the meat in the electric refrigerator. Allow the internal temperature in the smoker to reach about 250 F degrees before adding soaked hickory chips. Heat the olive oil and add onion with other sauces in a frying pan and stir properly. Then add the mixture to the meat at leave the temperature at about 170 degrees for few minutes. Once your meat has turned brownish, then it’s time to bring it out from the electric smoker.
Serving your smoked meatloa.
When your meatloaf is ready to be served, it can be served with mashed potato, potato salad, or a delicious casserole, depending on what you prefer at the moment.
The above are some delicious sauces you can prepare with your electric smoker. These are very simple and convenient to prepare and do not require many ingredients apart from the meat and some spices you need to include. For more electric smoker reviews, recipes and cleaning tips.