When it comes to bbq sauce everyone has their personal preference. With a handful of ingredients, bbq sauce quickly comes together. And yes bbq sauce can be homemade.
There are many different types of bbq recipes from more traditional ones to something modern.
How to make a homemade bbq
For an easy and quick homemade sauce, ketchup has to be the startup or the base. Ingredients needed to make a quick and easy recipe.
- 3 cups of ketchup.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard.
- Optional, salt to taste.
Preparation takes about 5 minutes.
Easy steps to follow
- In a medium – sized bowl the combine all the ingredients above. Whisk until blended completely.
- Enjoy your bbq sauce and bottle it.
If you are a honey lover there’s a bbq sauce out there for you. It adds a hint of sweetness.
- 1 cup of honey.
- 2 tablespoon of molasses.
- 1 cup of white vinegar.
- 1 cup ketchup.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of dry pepper
- 2 tablespoons of dry mustard.
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
Over medium heat use a medium saucepan and whisk the ingredient together.
- Stirring frequently for 10 – 15 minutes while simmering.
- Allow it to cool after removing it from the heat.
- Until ready to be used the sauce should be bottled and refrigerated.
For the spicy ones out there, spices and herbs will add tonnes of flavor to your grilled items. Take a look.
- 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- 1 cup of honey.
- 1table spoon chopped onions.
- 1/2 cup ketchup.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 clove garlic minced.
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan whisk all the ingredients together.
- Should allow it to cool after removing it from the heat.
- Bottle first and then refrigerate till ready to be used.